Athletics Alberta is excited to launch the inaugural Resurrection Cross Trail Series in the fall of 2017. The Resurrection series consists of a series of 1KM cross trail races. The races are scheduled at the following dates and locations.
LOCATION: River Valley Walterdale Edmonton, AB, CA
DATE: September 09th, 2017
ESTIMATED TIME TO COMPLETION: Check in for the event opens at 8:30AM race starts at 10:00 AM
RACE DISTANCE: 1 KM Cross Trail Series
The age groups are as follows:
- 14/15 years of age – Men/ Women
- 16/17 – Men/Women
- 18/19 – Men Women
- Over 20 age group will be broken up as follows 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, & 35+
How are the qualifying races structured? Each qualifying event will consist of 3 Rounds.
- Preliminary Round – All competitors race in round 1. The top four in each age group will advance their age appropriate Finals for the day. The remaining competitors still have a chance to qualify for the semi-finals in the resurrection round.
- RESURRECTION Round – The resurrection round is made up of those that did not finish in the top 4 in the preliminary round. Each age category will have a resurrection round where the top 4 finishers will qualify for the finals.
- Final Round – The finals will be an open race where the top 8 from each category will run against each other for the best time. The top 6 from each age group will advance to the championship race in Panoka on October 7th 2017.
- BUT WAIT! If you did not qualify as an individual, you can still be resurrected! Assemble your best team of 6 and compete in the team relay championships. The fastest team will be awarded a cash prize! Teams can be comprised of 6 participants from any of the age groups.
For more information or to register, go to : https://www.tixmoda.ca/events/athletics-alberta-resurrection-series-