The Edmonton Track and Field Council will be holding a Special General Meeting. At this meeting, we will aim to elect members into vacant board member positions and vote to update the Bylaws with the special resolutions as detailed below. All clubs must declare that a voting member will be present. If a club is unable to send a representative, they must declare their proxy representative if you so choose.
Date: Thursday, May 4th, 2017
Location: Room 8- Percy Page Centre, 11759 Groat Rd NW, Edmonton, AB T5M 3K6
• Review and Approval of 2016/2017 Special General Meeting Agenda
• Review and Approval of previous Special General Meeting Minutes
• Review Attendance, Quorum, and Voting Representatives
• Discussion on Indoor Season:
o Review of Track Monitors
o Foote Field Dome
o Questions, comments or concerns
• Discussion of Strategic Plan.
• Vote to approve Bylaw Special Resolutions. Click here to view proposed By-Laws.
o 3.1 Board of Directors Structure - Change two (2) Athlete Representative roles to one (1) Athlete Representative and one (1) Officials Representative.
o 3.3 Terms of Office: (A) Specify that every Board member shall be two years from the most recent Annual General Meeting ending in the last re-election year for that position. (B) Change “Athlete Representative – Female” to “Officials Representative” for Years ending in an odd number and “Athlete Representative – Male” with “Athlete Representative” in years ending in an even number.
o 3.5 Duties of the Board of Directors – Add the duties for the Officials Representative.
o Director at Large (2-year term from 2016 AGM) – Vacant
o Athlete Representative (2-year term from 2016 AGM) - Vacant
o Officials Representative (2-year term from 2015 AGM) - Vacant
Board Member Nominations:
Nominations are being requested from the membership prior to the General Meeting as per Edmonton Track and Field Council Bylaws.
Up for election will be the positions of One (1) Director-at-Large, One (1) Athlete Representative and One (1) Officials Representative. Terms of office will be as stated in the ETFC Bylaws.
• Director at Large (2-year term from 2016 AGM) - Vacant
• Athlete Representative (2-year term from 2016 AGM) - Vacant
• Officials Representative (2-year term from 2016 AGM) - Vacant
Current ETFC Board of Directors
• Daniel Rawson – President
• Linda Blade – Past President
• Daniel Lauzon – Vice President
• Loretta Amergon - Treasurer
• Dilini Vethanayagam – Director of Programs and Resources
• Colleen Babiuk Iikiw – Director of Community Relations
• Nathan Lennie - Director-at-Large
Eligibility for election:
As per ETFC Bylaws, only members in good standing shall be eligible for election to the Board of Directors. In order to be eligible for election to the Board of Directors, nominees shall imply interest to the Edmonton Track and Field Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nomination Deadline: 5:00 pm on Tuesday, May 2
Notice of Motion:
If you wish to submit any notices of motion, please submit the motion to the Edmonton Track and Field Coordinator at email@example.com.
Notice of Motion Deadline: 5:00 pm on Tuesday, May 2